Our aims are:
- The provision, maintenance and expansion of high quality databases,
that enable the user to undertake complex calculations of chemical
equilibrium efficiently and reliably.
- Cooperation in a broader international effort to unify
thermodynamic data and assessment methods; also to promote
- The SGTE databases are under constant development.
Our members help customers by providing consultancy services in the field
of thermochemistry, holding workshops, and providing software packages
including SGTE databases. An organisation that wishes to apply thermochemistry
to solve practical problems, or to participate in workshops, should contact
one of the below listed centers.
Customers currently benefit from problem-solving in the following fields
- Waste processing
- Inorganic chemicals
- Aqueous and high temperature corrosion
- Energy conversion
- Alloy development
- Ceramics, pigments, fillers
- Materials compatibility handling
- Safety assessment
- Pollution control
- Chemical vapour deposition
- Crystal growth
- Electronic and magnetic materials development
- Joining (solders, welding, brazing)
You will find further reading about SGTE in the
SGTE Casebook - Thermodynamics at work.
Some results of previous and current activities of SGTE and its
members can be found here:
A collection of phase
diagrams calculated with the SGTE database SSOL is available.
Documentation of the SGTE Data Transfer Format.
Thermodynamic Properties of Inorganic
Materials published by Landolt-Börnstein.
Zr database at LTPCM
New available assessements
This page has been opened
times since June 3, 1998.
Contact person Bo Sundman,
16 May 2003,